[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Karcon Russia?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 22 07:18:40 PDT 2010

Karcon seems to be a mangled spelling for whatever the place should be.  I haven't found anything remotely similar.

My best guess is that it should be Kherson, a town and administrative district in the Black Sea region of Ukraine, formerly Russia.  But that is sheer speculation.  In Poland there are places like Karczyn, Karsin and others but nothing directly similar to your spelling.

Do you have any family lore or other research that would help to narrow the region we should be looking in?  Does the Naturalization record indicate when the family came to Canada?  This could point you to a passenger list with more accurate info.

Jerry