[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Help in finding relative in Canada

Dana Fossum dfossum at online.no
Sat Jul 24 11:31:02 PDT 2010

Hi all,
Thanks again to all of you that have been helping me with my family history
project, I am so impressed with the top notch work of this society. I
recently got back the EWZ files concerning the Nass and Krebs families from
Schereschowka and Shatkowka and what a goldmine they are. Even though my
German is rudimentary a lot of questions were answered but more were raised.
Among other things, we found the relative – Irma Streit Laska, b. 9 May 1913
in Novograd Volynsk - that my grandparents helped bring over after the war
and learned of her tragic circumstances (husband abducted by the Russians
and killed). In the early ‘50s she came over with her teenage son, born in
1938 in Korosten. After staying for a while in the US she moved to St
Catherines, Ontario to marry Assof (Ossof?) Netz. The last communication
from her was a Christmas card postmarked St. Boniface (now a municipal ward
of Winnipeg) in Manitoba. The trail ends there. We are very interested in
obtaining her obituary and/or finding her son, who we are hoping may still
be alive. My cousin of similar age in Minnesota met him and would like to
re-establish contact. This cousin has tried calling every Laska in 411.ca
and not met with any success. She has been in contact with Canadian records
but they will not tell her anything about Irma. What are our options?
Dana Naas Fossum