[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Origin of given name ILSE

Joseph Pessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Wed Jun 2 16:26:49 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org
[mailto:ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org] On Behalf Of Eduardo
Kommers
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 12:05 PM
To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Origin of given ame ILSE

Hello!

Is there any suggestion of the origin place/country/region where the given
name ILSE was more common, out of Volhynia?
I'm asking this because I found a marriage record in Zhitomir from 1885, the
bride was ILSE KOMMERS, anyway there is no other record with the name ILSE.

Thank you,
Eduardo

An Internet search for Ilse+given name will give you quite a few hits,
explaining origin, meaning, usage, etc.  Here are a couple.  Still doesn't
answer your question concerning Volhynia exactly.

http://www.namepedia.org/en/firstname/Ilse/

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Ilse

Joe in Texas