[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Origin of given ame ILSE

Dietmar Hiller dhiller1 at gmx.de
Fri Jun 4 23:43:14 PDT 2010

Hi,

as already said by others, "willse" stands for "will sie" (wants her).
It is German slang, mostly spoken around Berlin, but the rhyme was
popular all over Germany and I would not deduce an origin from it.
It is definitely no type, it just would not work "Ilse ... will sie".

> > (I recall my teacher explaining that there were many  dozens of
> > dialects  of German due to the widely spread German speakers  from Russia, to
> > Germany.
It is true that there are more German slangs than villages in Germany (as some say).
Nevertheless, there is only one "high German", so official German language, which a school should teach, at least for Germany.
Austria and Switzerland have their own modifications.

   Dietmar