[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Mailing List etiquette - please read

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 8 10:56:02 PDT 2010

For many years, this list has functioned without any major problems.
Most people follow the rules as shown at   http://www.sggee.org/communicate/mailing_list    without a problem.  Please allow me to emphasize a few things.

1.  No one other than myself has the authority to determine what is or is not acceptable content in postings.  Therefore it is useless to post messages to the mailing list complaining about same.

2.  If you have a concern or complaint, direct it to me.  I assure you that I will deal with it as required.  Spreading your complaint via the list itself only leads to conflict and bad feelings which, in itself, is not appropriate for the list and just compounds the problem.

3.  Poems and rhymes are appropriate for the Mailing List IF they relate to the culture of the Volhynian and Russian Poland Germans.  Discretion is required, however, as it is with any other posting.  Your mail is read by a broad spectrum of ages and cultures and the content should be sensitive to that.  Not all of us are children but, as a rule of thumb, if the words are inappropriate for a child's ears, do not post them to the list.

Jerry Frank
List Administrator