[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lutheran Church records after 1885 were in Russian Cyrillic, unsure of transcribing status

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Mon Mar 8 05:14:05 PST 2010

The St. Petersburg Lutheran church records through 1885 were in German.

After that, in Russian.

I'm not sure what their current status is with LDS.

I thought Gwen with LDS was working with a group of translators to
get them transcribed, but have not heard status on that for awhile.

Gwen died several years ago, so that may have had some impact on the
project.

While the German records are challenging enough for most of us, the
Russian cyrillic writing is even more challenging!

Nancy