[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Thank you for looking at the city on manifest

gswilson19 at aol.com gswilson19 at aol.com
Wed Mar 10 07:57:59 PST 2010

Thank you to everyone who took a look at the ship manifest and tried to help me decipher the city name.  Wueste Kehle looks like a good match to what most of us are seeing in the writing.  Weisskehle in Rawitsch,  Posen is also a good possibility because a lot of Radoys come up on the LDS pilot site when I do a search for the last name.  And Radoy is not a very common last name.

Thanks again, you guys are the best.

Gail

I would lean towards Wueste Kehle because Schlesien (Silesia) is  listed as
the province (next column over), and it is also near Trebnitz (the  home
town of the next group above the Radoj family).

The first part of the name (Wueste) could very well be abbreviated.

Good luck!

    -Paul

In a message dated 3/9/2010 8:35:48 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,