[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] KUBE family history

Megan Kube megankube at bigpond.com
Fri Mar 19 19:48:38 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I am searching for any information on my 3xgreat grandfather Gottfried
Johann Kube born c.1815.   He married Anna Elisabeth Kubel, born c.1814.
They had two children - Friedrich Augustus Kube born c.1838 and Christian
Gottfried Kube born c.1842.   We understand the family  came from the
Deutsch Nettkow/Crossen area.

The family emigrated from Hamburg direct to Hobart, Tasmania, Australia in
1855 aboard the San Francisco.   We have a good history of Gottfried and his
children since their arrival in Tasmania, but have become stuck searching
for any information on their life/family prior to emigration.    I would be
extremely keen to hear from anyone (and especially any Kubes) who have any
information and/or suggestions of where to look.   I would also be grateful
to know where to write for copies for Friedrich's and Christian's birth
certificates - we believe they may have been born in Crossen, which is now
Krozno, Poland.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Megan Kube, Tasmania