[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] new book

GABRIELE GOLDSTONE ggoldstone1 at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 24 13:45:55 PDT 2010

Hi,
I'm new to this listserve, although I've belonged to SGGEE for a few years.
Want to share that I've finally had my book about my mom's childhood in Volhynia
released. It's a book for kids (ages 10 and up). My mom's world changed when she was a
child (11/12) and I wanted to tell it from that viewpoint. The story happens 1930/1
during collectivization. It's just been shortlisted for a Book of the Year for Young
People award here in Manitoba, so I'm feeling a bit more confident in sharing about it.
(Of course, many of you here are experts about Volhynia, so I share this with new trepidation.)

Special thanks to Don Miller for  everything - especially for
helping me find my grandfather's land and
his file in the former KGB archives in Zhitomir.
Please visit my website www.gabrielegoldstone.com for more info.
And I apologize if this sort of advertising is out of place.
-gabe