[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Butzow Prison

Irene König kopetzke at gmx.net
Wed Mar 31 02:37:37 PDT 2010

dmarkaz at aol.com schrieb am 30.03.2010 09:52 Uhr:
> Does anyone know if there are records available online from 1945 for
> Butzow prison? I am looking for information on Frieda Keding.

Online from 1945? Surely not! The Landeshauptarchiv Schwerin has records
on prisoners from Bützow prison (Landesstrafanstalten Dreibergen-Bützow)
from 1931 to 1945. On their website they state:

Due to staff reduction, written enquiries on family research can
unfortunately not be answered. You can either research your family
history in our reading room for a fee of 5,- Euros per day or we can
recommend experienced researchers on genealogical questions.

Landeshauptarchiv Schwerin
Graf-Schack-Allee 2
D-19053 Schwerin
telephone: 0049-385-59296-0