[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Flatt Family

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun May 9 12:34:29 PDT 2010

Cannot help directly but here are some additional clues / points to consider.

1.  I have looked at the original birth record for Lydia.  A Rapp was one of the Pathen.  Viewing baptisms before and after confirms that the location is written as either Marinkow or Marienkow.  Going to other records before and after, it is clear that we are dealing with the region south and southwest of Dorosin.  There are no Marienkow in our database of villages so I am convinced that this is likely to be what we show as Marjanowka, about 4 or 5 km south of Dorosin.  Looking generally for Flatt in Volhynia, we find one such family living at Bresalup / Presalup = Berezolupy located only 2 km SE of this Marjanowka.  The connection seems logical.

2.  If you haven't already done so, be sure to consider Flath as an alternate spelling.  That shows another entry for the same family at Presalup including the birth of a Pauline in 1868 and marriage of a Carl in 1882.  Also shows another Flath family in Presalup as well.

3.  I would ignore (or at least not take too seriously) the reference to Adolph's marriage in Schwerin.  That info somehow got into the date column for the marriage and the location is highly unlikely given their residence in Volhynia.

4.  Have you tried contacting the submitter of that marriage info to see if more information is available?

Jerry Frank
Calgary, AB