[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of Kasmirowka

joepessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Fri May 14 12:55:47 PDT 2010

Jerry,

Thanks for the correction.

However, my first message on this question was in reference to the
possibilities of Kazimirovka locations in the Ukraine, Belarus and Russia
being the sought for Kasmirowka.  Russia would probably not fit, but the
other two might.  I did not check the latitudes and longitudes to see if
they would be located within the confines of Volhynia.

There are many maps of Volhynia, but sometimes it is difficult to discern
exactly where the boundaries are with respect to present day Poland,
Ukraine, Belarus and Russia, for instance.  Many of the maps have the
original town names, and many don’t have latitude and longitude markings.

And, I did not check the latitudes and longitudes of the Romanowka locations
either, so those in Poland may not fall within Volhynia.  But, some of
present day Poland was within the confines of Volynia, was it not?

 I do not have expertise in Volhynian research, so I think I will refrain in
the future from input, and will only read the posts for my own learning.  My
original reason for reading this particular news list was because of
research for a friend for the surname of “Borma”.  We are still working on
this without much success.

Thanks again for your comments.

Joe in Texas