[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Elzbiecin, Dubszcze Stare, Nowe locations (Was RE: Location of Kasmirowka)

Joseph Pessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Fri May 14 18:00:36 PDT 2010

Margaret,

Someone else on the listserv can probably give you better help.  But, here
is some info.  I just can't quit making suggestions.  ;<))

One question, are you saying that Nowe and Dubszcze Stare are two names for
the same town, or two different towns close to Elzbiecin?

Looking for Elzbiecin in Eastern Europe with exact spelling on the
ShtetlSeeker at http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocTown.asp   finds the
following 5 towns, all in Poland:

Elżbiecin populated place 50°31' N 20°44' E  E M U G Poland  120.2 miles S
of Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Elzbiecin populated place 51°56' N 23°36' E  E M U G Poland  112.4 miles E
of Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Elżbiecin populated place 52°53' N 20°42' E  E M U G Poland  45.5 miles NNW
of Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Elżbiecin populated place 53°06' N 21°10' E  E M U G Poland  59.1 miles N of
Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Elżbiecin populated place 53°13' N 22°08' E  E M U G Poland  81.9 miles NE
of Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

A similar search for Nowe, finds the following 5 towns, all in Poland.

Nowe populated place 50°56' N 21°48' E  E M U G Poland  97.2 miles SSE of
Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Nowe populated place 51°55' N 22°01' E  E M U G Poland  48.9 miles ESE of
Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Nowe populated place 52°15' N 19°14' E  E M U G Poland  74.7 miles W of
Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Nowe populated place 52°51' N 17°09' E  E M U G Poland  166.8 miles WNW of
Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Nowe populated place 53°39' N 18°45' E  E M U G Poland  134.5 miles NW of
Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Could not locate Dubszcze Stare, but there is the following similarly
spelled town in Poland, probably not the right place:

Dubicze, Dubnicze populated place 52°12' N 23°00' E  E M U G Poland  84.7
miles E of Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Comparing the town locations of Elżbiecin and Nowe, it looks as if the
possible two might be:

Elżbiecin populated place 50°31' N 20°44' E  E M U G Poland  120.2 miles S
of Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Nowe populated place 50°56' N 21°48' E  E M U G Poland  97.2 miles SSE of
Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Elzbiecin is about 40 miles NE of Krakow, and Nowe is about 85 miles NE of
Krakow.

Dubicze is about 150 miles NE of Krakow.

Hope this helps.

Joe in Texas