[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Splett Family in the Ukraine

Joseph Pessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Sat May 15 03:28:27 PDT 2010

ShtetlSeeker at http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocTown.asp  has a
Kapusta location in the Ukraine.  Might be the place.

Kapusta, Kapusty populated place 46°31' N 31°50' E  E M U G Ukraine  277.1
miles SSE of Kyyiv 50°26' N 30°31' E

This is east of Odessa, and about 200 miles southeast of Zhytomyr.

There is also a Kapustin shown to be in the Ukraine.

LDS Library at http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp has records of a
Kapusti, which appears to be in Russia, but also a Kapustyne and Kapustynt,
both in the Ukraine.

Might be some possibilities.

Joe in Texas