[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] (Ger-Poland-Volhynia) Church Records-Rozyszce Parish

Ken Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Sat May 15 06:27:14 PDT 2010

Rose Ingram wrote:
> Betner
>
> You can find all the filmed St. Pete's records on-line at www.famlysearch.org.
>
> Under the What's new heading, click "See prototype...."
> Scroll down to the Russia heading and choose "Russia, Lutheran Church Book..."
> Then choose Volyn from the list on the left, then Zhitomir, and Shitomir, and the year.
>
> Good Luck.
>
> Rose Ingram

By way of a headsup to all researchers, don't give up if something seems
amiss with these records. My gggfather was born in Rozhistche in 1865.
There is no 1865 file listed, but I scrolled patiently through the 1864
and 1866 files and eventually found him in the 1866 records. For some
reason the person who made these handwritten records has a quite a few
records from adjacent years scattered about where you might not expect
to find them. I saw some dates from every year from 1860-1866 in the two
files for 1864 and 1866.

Kenneth Browne researching:
BROWN(E) LEIGHTON TAYLOR CLOUGH/CLUFF
LACHMANN RUSSELL HECKBERT MORSE PETTENGILL
NOBLE SMALL WOLF MROCH LUEDTKE