[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] a new but unconfirmed lead in my search for Schaffers

Rosella Mandau rosella.mandau at gmail.com
Mon May 31 12:40:17 PDT 2010

Hello again,
I have some new info that may help in my search for our desendents from
Russia:

Carl and Christena Schaffer (nee Karacha)

Carl's parents were Johann (b ~1854) and Christine or Caroline Schaffer (nee
Wolf) married in 1882  - we believe in Bergdorf.

Johann's brother Gottlieb married Caroline Hausauer October 10, 1877 in
Klein Neudorf and resided in Glukstal

Johann's parents were Christoph Charles Schaffer (b1822 Kirn, Bad Kreuznach,
Rheinland-Pfalz) (d 1880 Sydney, New South Wales) and Christiana Wittich
(b1827)

My goal is to determine more about Christena's family. We would like to
confirm the village they were from and then hope to find her parents and
siblings. Is it safe to assume that Carl would have found his wife in the
same village? Or geographically, would that have been unlikely? Wolf seems
an usual name, so hoping that we can locate the village her Family was from.

The info above has been passed orally (we have found an elder in the family
who was doing research 30 years ago) so, we have no documents to confirm.

Thank you so much for the time you take to help!
Rosella Mandau