[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DNA Testing for Family Tree

Charlene Anderson canders at clearwave.ca
Fri Nov 5 20:28:10 PDT 2010

We have also used it, we had a grandfather that was born in the States to a
German family and came to Canada and changed his name to an English name and
never told any of his children whom were all born and raised with this
English last name. Through researching his history and the few hints that we
had we finally found people in the US  that we believed to be his family. We
then DNA tested one of his sons and one from the US to prove the connection,
the results that came back proved our research to be correct. The other
findings of the DNA Family Finder were very weak, therefore to answer your
question I don't believe that the service from our experience would be
useful unless there is someone that you are trying to prove a connection to
. We also found it very difficult to find a people that were willing to have
their DNA tested.

I hope this helps,

Charlene Anderson