[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Planning a trip to Poland and Ukraine

Mauricio Norenberg mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 02:32:18 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Sorry bothering you with so many questions.

I'm thinking about hiring some research services over Poland and Ukraine,
but I'm considering going there by myself.
But I have no clue about the costs of such an adventure and my budget is
low.
I plan to visit places like Piotrkow Trybunalski in Poland and Sapust,
Rozyzcze and Rovno archives in Ukraine as well as Kiev archives (maybe).
As I know many of you have been on this kind of trip, I have some questions:

1. Is a interpreter a must have, or can you figure out just by your English
(do people speak fair English there)?
2. Can you hire a car from Warsaw and, with a good GPS, wonder around or
this is crazy (consider I done this before somehow)? Same to Ukraine?
3. Is it better to arrive in Europe in a main city like Frankfurt and then
trip with cars and/or trains to Poland and Ukraine?
4. Are those places safe?
5. And lastly, how much do you think I'll spend on this (besides the air
fares)?

Kind regards to all

Mauricio