[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Nice random finding on Bremen lists - Oljuka village

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Oct 13 04:56:11 PDT 2010

  Am 13.10.2010 12:04, schrieb Mauricio Norenberg:
> And it says "place of residence" as Oljuka.
>
> Johann Norenberg was married in Sapust in 1887 (21 years before his
> immigration).
> I believe Ojulka wasn't that far away from Sapust, I'd believe it still
> close to Rozyzcze area.
>
> I failed to find Ojulka on my maps or on jewishgen town locator.
>
> Has anybody heard about it?

Hello Mauricio,
since Zapust means nothing else but wilderness, there were several in Volhynia. The closest one to Olyka (which is appr.
halfway from Lutsk to Rovno, a bit south of the highway & railway track) seems to be Alt Zapust, a village on the east
bank of the Styr river some 5 km northeast of Rozhyshche and 59 km northwest of Olyka. According to the 1986 military
map the colony is now part of the neighboring village Nosachevychi.

Regards,
Günther