[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bieberdorf/Rinas

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 18 15:18:21 PDT 2010

Question 1:
Our databases are based either on original records extractions or on data submitted by other members.  In this case, it appears this info was provided by members (click on "Source" to see who they are).  The 3 listed there probably relied on another's info so you will have to write to them and find out which one provided the info and what their original source was.  Maybe your family lore was an effort to cover up a divorce.

Question 2:
I have not been to Ukraine so cannot offer direct advice.  Many of those who have travelled there make Zhitomir their base of operations and people there are able to help as driver and translator.  Don't rely on your driver to know where the village is.  Research the location carefully on your own and bring maps with you to help the driver.  In your case, this should be fairly simple as the village exists on modern maps.

Jerry