[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] photographing in archives

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Mon Oct 18 20:03:10 PDT 2010

Library and Archives Canada DOES permit photographing of original documents however there are restrictions http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/copies/005010-5010-e.html

Digital and print copies can also be ordered - on site or on line.  Terms of use are outlined on http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/the-public/005-6040-e.html and cost of copies http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/copies/index-e.html

Even NARA is permitting some personal camera and scanner use (see Photocopies section http://www.archives.gov/faqs/index.html#copyright ).

The National Archives in the UK also permit personal photography for some material: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documents/photopolicy.pdf

Would be nice if European archives would also follow suit!