[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BANNASCH & WALTER from Police and Antoniew/Aleksandrow

Michael Stockhausen michael.stockhausen.ff at web.de
Tue Oct 19 12:03:07 PDT 2010

A few months ago I posted a request regarding my ancestors Johann Daniel
BANNASCH and Christine née WALTER. I remember that quite a few people were
interested. I would therefore like to report on my recent findings.

As mentioned before, this family (including a few children, Christine`s
parents and most of her siblings) came to the Lodz area (Antoniew/Rabien
near Aleksandrow/Lodz) in or about 1820.
Before that, they had lived in Police near Kolo.

I have now found their marriage record in Bialkow cath (near Kolo).
This is what I believe it says:
1811, Oct 9
Daniel Banasiak, 28 years old, blacksmith (Meister), lives in Russocice,
Lutheran, born in the city of Kluczbork/Silesia (Kreuzburg), Parents:
Gottlieb Banas (blacksmith) and Josefa née Idzek (?),
Friderike Wilhelmine Walter, 17, born in Eulam/Prussia (near
Landsberg/Warthe), Lutheran, Parents: Gottlieb Walter and Anna Lik (Lück),
farmers in Police

My Polish is not so good; I am not sure, if I understand everything
correctly. I would therefore appreciate any assistance - I could send a
scan.

I will now try to trace back the two lines to Silesia and Brandenburg, resp.
It seems, though, that this will not be so easy, as neither of the church
records have survived the War.

Regards
Michael Stockhausen