[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Krueger

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Wed Oct 27 18:59:56 PDT 2010

Colleen,

Krueger is a very common name amongst Germans in Poland.  Your Kalish is
probably Kalisch (German) or Kalisz (Polish).  Kalisz is a city and was also
the name of a large province for awhile in the 1800's.  Do you have more
details such as village name, parents' names, wife's name?

Hebener is an usual spelling and there is only one in the SGGEE pedigree
database.  Other spellings are Hebner, Hiebner, and Huebner (the most
common).  Grams and Huff are also common names.  It will be difficult to
find your people without more details as mentioned above.

I hope this helps a little.
Dick Stein