[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Reinhold Richter

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Wed Apr 6 16:44:23 PDT 2011

Heinrich,

After 1935, immigration information must be obtained from the Dept of Citizenship and Immigration and you must complete an Access to Information form   See the info on the link at Library and Archives Canada's website
(Note:  LAC does not hold these records)\

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/022-908.007-e.html

Although there were other organizations, it's possible that in 1951 he could have come on the church sponsored program through the Canadian Christian Council for the Resettlement of Refugees.  If this is the case, that information might be helpful.  The ship that most of the immigrants came on was the S.S. Beaverbrae. The ship left from Bremen where the immigrants were documented before leaving Germany.

Good luck,

Helen Gillespie