[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Koenigsberg Index

Spaghettitree at aol.com Spaghettitree at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 07:55:19 PDT 2011

To Nelson, and all -

If you are referring to the Königsberg that is now Kaliningrad, I would be
most interested in knowing how to access this Index by Erich Krause you
speak of  - in the Berlin archives?

I am looking for a birth record for Ottp A. Schoenke born Königsberg 6 Apr
1843, perhaps a brother, Anton Franz Schoenke, born 1878  (suspect
transcription error, more likely born  1838, 1848, 1858) in  Frauenberg/Frombork and
their parents' marriage and perhaps births, Anton  Schoenke (Schönke) and
Katherine von Federau, both born around 1800-1810 in  Königsberg.    Otto was
said to be a seventh son - no evidence of  that so far.   Otto A. Schoenky
(the immigrant of 1869) never learned  English, never corrected the person
who changed his name from Schoenke to  Schoenky.

T. Maureen Schoenky

In a message dated 4/18/2011 8:12:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,