[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Where do I look now

Nelson Itterman colnels at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 26 21:39:46 PDT 2011

Hello researchers:
My Aunt Lydia was in the EWZ Records as having registered at Breslau after
leaving Volhynia. She was there with her husband and her daughter and my
Hein Grandmother. Her husband was conscripted into the German Army and my
Grandmother died. When the Russian Army came to Breslau they were told that
their homes were waiting for them. All they had to do was get on the train
and go home.
(We found this out later)
Their son was in Hamburg and was kept away from the Russians. He applied to
the German Red cross to find his mother and sister. The Red Cross found her
in Siberia, in the Komi ASSR and was able to communicate with her. My mother
(We were in Canada) was able to communicate with her. I would suggest to
those researchers who are looking for their relative, to make application to
the German Red Cross.
Give them all the information you can, and hope for the best.
Nelson