[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Seeking Info on Wilhelm Titchkosky

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Aug 3 08:56:28 PDT 2011

Am 03.08.2011 17:31, schrieb cforster2010 at comcast.net:
> My mother-in-laws last name was Titschkowski in Volhynia and Poland.   I have letters from from Grandfather that is
> how their name was spelled.  He had 17 children altogether, 2 wives.   spelled his last name

Hi,
TITSCHKOWSKI is a German spelling of an originally Polish name. You find it 2 times in the German telephone register (in
Schwabach near Nürnberg).
The Polish spelling TYCZKOWSKI instead is 8 times in the German and 214 times in the Polish telephone register.
Interestingly, the spelling TITCHKOSKY is 25 times in the US telephone register - and nowhere else!

Günther