[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FN KESSLER from Lublin area

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Fri Aug 19 09:42:03 PDT 2011

Dear Irmgard,

I am one of the volunteers working with the Lublin Project. The public
information consists of the data indexed by the volunteers. People who
are not members of SGGEE may order these digitized records from the
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Lublin. Information on this part
of the website explains how to do that. I see that the records which
interest you consist primarily of births to Ludwig Kessler and Juliane
Harzke between 1863 and 1871. Sometimes his name is Johann Ludwig
Kessler. We have looked at all records for this period, and the fact
that there is no marriage record for them probably indicates they
married elsewhere before coming to the Lublin area. This was an active
period of immigration to the area. I do not see any later records that
indicate one of their children married in this area. There are several
possibilities: the family moved elsewhere, perhaps to Volhynia; Juliana
Harzke died and Johann Ludwig Kessler remarried. You could look for
other Kessler marriages or families in Lublin or in Volhynia.

The Lublin Project records will be added to the MPD only as SGGEE
members add the data for their own families once they have seen the
records. There is one exception to this. There is some basic information
about births in the Lublin area between 1871 and March 1873. I first
extracted information from two poor quality microfilms in 2004-2005,
long before the Lublin Project began. I was just learning Cyrillic and
had a great deal of trouble identifying villages, etc. 1871 and 1872 are
now covered by the Lublin Project. I am currently indexing 1873 for the
Project.

If you have other questions, I'll be glad to try to answer them.

Regards,
Sigrid Pohl Perry
searching: Pohl, Domres, Hapke, Kuehn, Buettner, Gatzke, Mantei,
Scheffler et al