[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] RES: Art Verchen

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Tue Aug 23 15:19:40 PDT 2011

Am 23.08.2011 19:09, schrieb Eduardo Kommers:
> Here is Jerry.
>
> https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/show#uri=https%3A//api.familysearc
> h.org/records/pal%3A/MM9.3.1/TH-1-14589-9327-32%3Fcc%3D1719212%26wc%3D111668
> 38
>

> It is in the right side, in the line below where is written Christian
> Kaufmann.
>
> Reino da Prussia = Kingdom of Prussia.

Hello Eduardo,
you are right, it was not misread but misspelled:

    na Villa de Art Verchem no Reino da Prucia

but I would bet that the Mecklenburg *Amt Verchen* was meant.

Under http://verchen.kreis-demmin.de they wrote:

    Verchen war der Sitz eines Amtes. Dem Amt stand ein ehrenamtlicher auf sechs Jahre gewählter Amtsvorsteher vor.

    [Verchen was the seat of an administration headed by a volunteer Superintendent who was elected for six years.]

Günther