[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname: Bonakoske

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Sat Aug 27 02:14:44 PDT 2011

Am 27.08.2011 04:40, schrieb Beth Burke:
> In all of my searches, I've never come across the surname 'Bonakoske.'  It's
> quite possible that I have it spelled incorrectly.
>
> My gggrandfather was Julius Glor and his wife was Rosella Bonakoske.  They
> had 4 children:  Friedrich (my ggrandfather), Adolph, Amanda and Martha.
>
> Any suggestions regarding the Bonakoske surname, or possible similar
> surnames would be appreciated.
>
> Beth Burke
> Verona, WI

Hello Beth,
seems to be a corruption of BONIAKOWSKI which appears 10 times in the Ellis Island passenger records (no BONAKOSKE) and
18 times in the U.S. Social Security Death Index. The slightly alienated spelling BONAKOWSKI appears 11 times in the
Castle Garden immigration records (15 events in the Ancestral File, all from Akkerman, Bessarabia).

Günther