[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Anyone recognize this information?

Edie Adam edieadam at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:27:45 PDT 2011

Hello all: A rainy weekend is a good excuse to dig through papers in the
file. I have two page scans, which I made at the AHSGR conference last year,
that record what appears to be a list of Germans from Poland who emigrated
to Russia. I only took scans of the pages with the surname Adam and, of
course, can't find my notes as to their context.

It appears to me that this may be an index to some older records. Does
anyone recognize this information and can provide context?

At the top it says:

Erhalten: 3.10.1940
Verzeichnis von Dr. Hopf (Krakau)
ueber die Auswanderung (Weiterwanderung) aus dem ehem. "Koenigreich Polen"
nach Russland.

And the entry that caught my eye is:

1. Adam, Jakob, 1837, a.n. Wolhynien aus Gouv. Masowien mit Familie
AA 7862
S.193

The second page scan I took is labeled:

Erhalten: 27.10.41
Verzeichnis von Dr. Hopf (Krakau) ueber die Auswanderung (Weiterwanderung)
aus Polen (Herzogtum Warschau) nach Wolhynien

Thanks to all.

Edie Adam
Fairfax, VA