[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] David Janke

Jutta Dennerlein listid at upstreamvistula.org
Fri Dec 9 04:34:25 PST 2011

Hello Frank,

yes, as Paul already mentioned, Martin Szydlowski is the definitely the Catholic priest, not the father.

The father's first name "J....... et (and)" has been replaced by "Martini et". So the (legal) parents seem to be Martin and Suzan (Lochstet ?).

The first part of the last line of the entry has been cut off (following Marianna P...). The mention of Rum(unki) Srod(unskie) in this line is related to the place of living of the last two witnesses.

The name David Janke at the end of the record is unusual. I would assume that the biological father might  have been a David Janke. This had been mentioned to the priest and he mixed the last name Janke with the first name of Suzan's husband and had to correct it afterwards.
In this case the name of the child would be David Lochstet.
How is the name of the child spelled in the Index or in the second copy of the church book?
Has an adult David Janke been around at that time (he probably had more children in this church book)?

Still room for interpretation ...

Regards
Jutta Dennerlein