[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ludwig Joseph and Justine Witt

Brandt Gibson ironhide781 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 23:21:14 PST 2011

Hi everyone,
I just received photocopies of family bible pages, listing births for some of my Joseph ancestors. The parents were Ludwig and Justine (Witt) Joseph, the children were Gottlieb, Samuel, Heinrich, Justine, Wilhelmine, Ludwig, and Michael. I know the family lived in Ulanowka, a few miles west of Zhitomir in the Volhynia region of what is now Ukraine, when Justine and Wilhelmine were born (1875 and 1878). But the Bible says Gottielb and his father were born in Kikoler Kempe (1862 and 1837 respectively). Justine Witt is listed as being born in Reischewo in 1842. The births for all the children born in Ulanowka are marked with a sideways parenthetical note saying "In Wolhinien, Russland" whereas the births of Ludwig (the father), Justine Witt, and Gottlieb are not included in that note, leading me to believe the family moved into the Volhyina region sometime after Gottlieb's birth but before the births of the later children. Can anyone help me locate Kikoler Kempe and Reischewo?

Thank you!

Brandt Gibson
Fife, WA