[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ludwig Joseph and Justine Witt

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 4 09:20:21 PST 2011

Kikoler Kempe (aka Kepa Kikolska) is located a few km NE of Nowy Dwor on the north bank of the Narew River.  Records would be in either the Nowy Dwor or Nasielsk parish but more likely the former.  Not sure off hand when the Lutheran Church started there.  At least some of Ludwig's or his siblings or parent's records could be in the Catholic Church.

Reischewo is not as easy.  However, given that both Ludwig and Gottlieb were born at Kikoler Kempe, I would expect that the marriage probably occurred there as well, suggesting that Reischewo should be in the vicinity.  SE of Nowy Dwor on the north bank of the Wisla River, is the village of Rajszew.  I would think the pronunciation is close enough to suggest this is the place you are looking for.

Jerry