[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Baptist pastor Kelletat

Richard Benert benovich at imt.net
Sun Feb 6 22:09:28 PST 2011

Beatrix,

Pastor Hugo Kelletat is mentioned briefly in Robert Kluttig's Geschichte der
deutschen Baptisten in Polen (Winnipeg, 1973) on p. 156.  It says he served
the Graudenz (Grudziaz) church (no name of the church is given) from April
1, 1908 until Dec. 31, 1912.  During this time he baptized 190 persons.
Nothing is said about his speaking ability.  A table at the end of the book
indicates that this church had 51 members in 1937, making it the 2nd
smallest in the Posen/Pommern Union at that time.

Sorry, but that's all.  I don't have Eduard Kupsch's history of Baptists in
Poland (pub. in 1932 or so).  You might look there.

Dick Benert