[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Renas/Reinas/Rienas/Rinas/Rinos family/HAMMERMEISTER

Edith McKelvy edies_hook at msn.com
Tue Feb 8 10:38:03 PST 2011

I noted your reference to the HAMMERMEISTERS.  My paternal great-grandmother
was Maria Hammermeister, b. about 1830 in Borki or Deutsch Troszyn, Prussia
(unproven, but see Ilow Lutheran Confirmations for possibilities).   She
married Robert Schiller somewhere.

Their daughter, my grandmother Anna Schiller, was born 21 Jun 1864 in
Murawi, near Zhitomir.  She married Friedrich Rimpel in 1890 somewhere,
probably Volhynia.

Friedrich, Anna, and their children immigrated to America in 1896,
eventually moving to Port Orchard WA in 1902.

Colchester (mentioned in email below) is less than 10 miles from Port
Orchard WA, and  Puyallup WA (also mentioned) is less than 40 miles from
Port Orchard WA.

Wonder if your Hammermeisters were related to my Hammermeisters, and if they
were aware of each other's presence so close together.

Do you have any information on Maria Hammermeister and her family?

Edith Rimple McKelvy                edies_hook at msn.com for private
correspondence
Silverdale WA