[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Reschke's from Volhynia/Russia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 9 08:05:18 PST 2011

Tarnasvolle is almost certainly Tarnowola located about 6 km NE of Rozyszcze.  The St. Petersburg records  http://www.sggee.org/research/PublicDatabases.html  show a Reschke family living there.

Find Rozyszcze on this map http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG100_300DPI/A45_B40_%28XXVIII-18%29_ROZYSZCZE_300dpi.jpg  right side, near the top on the west side of the Styr River.  Follow the road that heads northeasterly on the east side of the river.  Go to this map http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG100_300DPI/A45_B41_%28XXVIII-19%29_KIWERCE_300dpi.jpg and you will see Tarnowola on the left edge near the top.

Seferinova is almost certainly Sewerinowka (the w carries a soft f or v sound).  There are however several locations with that place name in Volhynia so more research is needed to determine which one it is.  The one closest to Rozyszcze would be about 38 km NE but it is not currently known to have had German residents.

What time frame is your data from?  What type of document is it?

Jerry Frank