[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Reschke's from Volhynia/Russia

Karen Headrick heddy1 at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 9 08:47:16 PST 2011

Hello, Stefan:

Unfortunately I don't have much information.  I am only guessing that Heinrich was perhaps born in the 1870's or 1880's. I do not know his wife's name for sure, but have heard it could be Paulina.  Out of all the siblings my grandfather had, I only know the following in terms of age/birth years:

Jakob:  1901-1902
Emil:     May, 1903
Leonhard:  1910

I've confirmed these with Declaration of passenger to Canada documents and/or ship passenger list.
On 2 documents it lists Heinrich Reschke as living in Jaebetz, Germany in 1925 and 1930 when my grandmother, Natalie Reschke, (Nee: Sommerfeld/Somerfeld), and Leonhard Reschke came to Canada respectively.

I will check out the website you listed as well.  Thanks for helping with the place names....I'll do some more research on them!

Thanks,
Karen