[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] german russians?

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 10 09:34:52 PST 2011

Speaking to a Ukrainian group, I would make a point of noting that all of my families of interest were in Ukraine, but the overall group was better known as Germans from Russia or Russian Germans. It would be bad to ignore the Ukrainian connection.

And I have told some crowds that even though we call ourselves Germans from Russia, my research takes me to Poland and Ukraine, so maybe Poles from Ukraine would be more logical.

That way all bases are covered.

Dave Obee