[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia

Carol Duff carolduff at me.com
Thu Feb 10 14:42:29 PST 2011

When I started finding records in the archives of St. Petersburg, I consulted my aunt, a teacher and the last living person of her generation of my mother's family. I told her that I had found a birth record in the St. Petersburg archive. She strongly asserted, "We are German, we have never lived in Russia." "So what is this record," I asked. "Well, that is our family but we never lived in Russia." After the 3rd birth record, she began to yield a bit. "Well, maybe the edge of Prussia had records that went to St. Petersburg. The 1st generation of the family born in North America claimed to know nothing of living outside of Germany. Carol