[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] german russians?

Jürgen Kaut jkaut at xplornet.com
Thu Feb 10 15:29:39 PST 2011

not the case with my family
my father was born in poland, north of chelm, he certainly always thought of
himself as german, his mother told him he was german, not polish or russian.
my grandfather was born near radom, poland about 1870 and the family spoke
german at home and polish in the street, my father learned german growing up
in a german village in poland and spoke polish only outside of his home
see ya, jurgen