[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia

Krampetz at aol.com Krampetz at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 20:24:07 PST 2011

Sounds like my grandparents that even convinced their youngest daughters
that they were 'from Germany'. 4 others were already gone.

Years ago,  I'd asked my father when I'd seen my GF's death  certificate
"why was 'Russian' his country of origin?" and my dad's  response was
very strong and he warned me to NEVER bring that up again!!
So he was the oldest, and knew, but the other siblings didn't !

Obviously, the cold war (it was on when I asked dad) had something
to do with not advertising you were born in "Russia"..

I did learn the ancestors  were from the Lipno area of Poland  from 1771
to the German Expulsion  post WWII

BobK

In a message dated 02/10/11 03:36:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,