[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] census list

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Sat Feb 12 06:15:28 PST 2011

Library and Archives Canada does have a searchable database (only for district - not a nominal name index) for the 1916 census of the prairie provinces - Albert, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1916/index-e.html

This might help if you know the area(s) where your ancestors lived.
The actual census is digitized in PDF and JPEG format so you can scroll through the pages - beats microfilm and you can do it from home!

Happy hunting....

Helen