[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] St.pete files

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 14 15:53:28 PST 2011

GRHS is indeed a great organization but they do not have any more St. Pete records available than we do since the microfilming stopped in 1885.  Their database is different from ours in that it is focused on the Black Sea and Bessarabia regions but includes Volhynia.

Our database is for Volhynia but includes the following which GRHS does not have:
- Podolia Parishes (St. Petersburg Consistory)
- Kiev Parish (St. Petersburg Consistory)
- Rosziszce Parish records including post 1885 materials (actual parish records, not St. Pete) (in process)
- some misc. other post 1885 records with extractions in process

See http://www.sggee.org/research/PublicDatabases available to the public.

Not trying to discourage interest in GRHS.  Just trying to explain the differences.

Jerry