[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FW: Military Parishes in South Prussia 1795-1806

Charlotte Gorley cgorley at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 22 08:54:39 PST 2011

I have been told that my grandfather and great-grandfather left Kurowek hastily to avoid my grandfather's conscriptment into the Russian army.  That was 1903.  I have been unsuccessful in finding any information on them in the 'old country'.

My great-grandmother's two brothers apparently stayed, and I have been looking for their names too.  Daniel and Michael Schmidt (or Schmidtke or Schmidtkey).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Charlotte