[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fw: Restau or Kop family name

Janet Cook jrbcook_2006 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 13:31:52 PST 2011

I am looking for the family history of my Grandfather, Charles (maybe
Karl) Restau born Nov. 15, 1886  in Russia and my Grandmother Julia (maybe
Julianna) Schutz Restau born in Russia also.  I believe Charles had five
brothers.  One brother Ferdinand Restau was a Lutheran Minister in Lincoln
Nebraska. Also brothers named Jacob and Friederick.  It is believed that
the Ferdinand came in the US through Canada.  The family originated from  an
area of Poland controlled by Russia.   Their religion was Lutheran and I have
attached a map of the area the families settled.  The names on the map are
recognized by me as many family friends who have immigrated to the United
States,  Jabs, Hinz, Radtke. My grandfather served in the Russian army as a
Quartermaster in Siberia.  The church that held all the records including the
birth records of my Aunt Lydia (Lyda)Restau Ott, their first born, burned down
and she was unable to get a copy of her birth certificate.
My Grandmother, Julia and daughter, Lyda, four years old, immigrated to the US
around 1912 or 13 and my grandfather followed after his tour with the Russian
army was complete.  Unfortunately I can't find any records of where they entered
into the US as it was not Ellis Island.  My maternal Great Grandmother Eva
(Mott) Kopp, not sure of the surname spelling came from the same area.

I would appreciate any information about relatives either living in the US or
still in Europe.
Janet Cook