[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Rosentreter Stoike Ruttich Draht

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 17 12:29:16 PST 2011

Our Master Pedigree Database shows Olga Ruttich, daughter of Gottlieb Ruttich (aka Rutke / Rudke) and Christine Drat, born 6 Sep 1893 at Babin, Kreis Lubelskie, Poland.  Husband was Wilhelm Nachtigal (aka Slowinski).  Extracted from EWZ records.

Gottlieb Ruttich is shown as born 22 Sep 1860 at Brzozowka, Poddebice, Poland with death at Zezulin-Wies, Leczna, Lubelskie, Poland (no date given).

There is one record of a Draht family (with a couple more using the Drat spelling) at the above noted Zezulin-Wies also extracted from the EWZ records.  And one additional Drat living at Grady, Kreis Lubartow, Lubelskie, Poland.  You should also consider Drath as a variant spelling for this surname of which there a quite a few scattered about in Russian Poland.  And then also some Dratt at Grundy / Grondy (same as Grady above where the "a" has a diacritic hook under it).

Most Stoike in our database are from either Lipno or Zgierz regions of Poland with a few others scattered in unnamed locations.

Rosentreter is a fairly common surname and they are scattered throughout Russian Poland.  The Lublin database does show two families with births in the 1870s but only the district is shown, not a specific place name.  Two children for Wilhelm Rosentreter and wife Wilhelmine Duesterhoeft.  One child for Michael Rosentreter and wife Paulina Hopp (aka Chmielewski).  Karl is familiar with this location and may have a reason for no place name.

Jerry