[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] what is?

Jack Milner wjmilner at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 23 08:41:06 PST 2011

This e-mail made me curious, so for a more elaborate description I
googled  key words [Latin "nunc dimittis " translate].  A partial
segment of the whole definition shown below with a lot more info at
this  site:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-nunc-dimittis.htm

"The section of the Bible which the Nunc dimittis comes from documents
the presentation of the infant Jesus in Jerusalem. A devout Jew named
Simeon has been told by God that he would not die until he saw the
Saviour; the Nunc dimittis puts the words of Simeon upon seeing the
infant Jesus to song. It begins with the phrase Nunc dimittis, servum
tuum, "now you have dismissed your servant," and continues with words of
praise and joy."

Jack M.