[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Anyone from Pyzdry/Peisern?

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Sun Jan 30 12:47:19 PST 2011

   Dear All,

        Does anyone else have connections to Pyzdry/Peisern in Poland?
  It was a border town, the furthest west point in Congress Poland, and
  so the western limit of the Russian empire.

        It looks like an interesting place to visit:
  http://www.pbase.com/michalski/image/125993184

        I've recently found that my great-great-great grandfather
  (Gottlieb Benjamin HUEBNER) lived there for 4 or 5 years (around
  1816 till 1821) between leaving his home-town Zaniemysl/Santomischel
  in Posen and arriving in Ozorkow near Lodz. I'm currently looking
  through some of the Polish civil records for the town, and waiting
  for earlier Catholic records to arrive.

        The surnames I'm interested in are HUEBNER, SCHULTZ, SCHWANDKE,
  GERMANN; but I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone else with
  connections to Pyzdry (German name Peisern).

                  Paul Rakow
                  rakow at ifh.de