[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Neumann Family?

Linda Marks Pauling lmpauling at utech.net
Mon Jan 31 14:27:21 PST 2011

In addition to Gary's questions, please tell us when Friedrichs & Neumanns
immigrated. And the name of Louise Neumann's husband who preceded the family
to Middletown. Have you found 'Gluscha' on a map?

The name NEUMANN is in my tree, but my family is from Rypin and later from
Sierpc. In extracting the Sierpc records, there are many Neumann families
that do not appear to connect to mine. I also am quite familiar with
Middletown, CT as the home of my father's family. Many of the people in the
2 Lutheran churches in Middletown came from the Dobriner area and also the
Dembe area across the Vistula from Lipno.

I just looked at extractions of the baptisms from 1893-1941 in St. Paul
Lutheran in Middletown and I see there 3 Neumann children baptized
1907-1913. Father is Johann Neumann and mother is Louise Klopstein.

Do you know if there are descendants of this family still in Middletown?
Some more information would be very helpful.
Linda Pauling
"... for such a time as this..." Esther 4:14